Just like other social worker, a taxi cab driver tip depends on the city where it is serving and the distance he drove you. However the usual tip that a cabbie gets is 15% of the overall fare. So if the bill is $20, give $3 but if it is $10 give at least $1. If the cabbie assists you with your baggage don’t hesitate to add $1 or $2 more.
Here are some tips to find out how much tip your taxi cab driver deserves:
- When you arrive to your destination the driver will tell you your bill after hearing the amount estimate quickly and consider giving tip of at least 10-15% of the fare.
- Prepare the money and give to the driver when you about to get out from the taxi.
- If the driver gives you a great ride or help carry your bag consider adding tip to 20%
- Some cab has credit card that suggest default tip up to three options, like for example in New York, cab offer three tip level 20%, 25%, 30%. You may choose to what level you would like to give or you may give your own preference.
- Give an even bill and tell the cab driver “keep the change”. If your bill is $4 give $5 and if its $7, $8 or $9 give $10